By Susanna Campbell,Professor David Chandler,Meera Shabaratnam
Read Online or Download A Liberal Peace?: The Problems and Practices of Peacebuilding PDF
Best war & peace books
Impatient, provocative, and prolific in his pursuit of peace via study, publishing, and observation, the influential Johan Galtung became eighty on October 24, 2010, with out the slightest signal of slowing down. This choice of essays celebrates peace in honor of this milestone. the wide variety of essays explores concerns together with the eradication of violence, clash transformation, resistance to taxation for the army, international terrorism and international hegemony, nonviolent revolutions, studying from nature, activity and clash transformation, international relations, the monetary challenge, prejudice in the direction of schizophrenia, Obama's Nobel Peace Prize speech, peace journalism, and relocating from violent to peace-oriented masculinities.
This quantity strikes past chilly battle deterrence thought to teach the numerous ways that deterrence is acceptable to modern safeguard: in area, in our on-line world, and opposed to non-state actors. It additionally examines the function of nuclear deterrence within the twenty-first century and reaches extraordinary conclusions.
This publication analyses the hot and hard roles of nearby enterprises in peacemaking after the top of the chilly warfare and the way they relate to the United international locations (UN). neighborhood companies have taken an more and more popular function in foreign efforts to house foreign safety. The ebook highlights the advanced interplay among the nearby and sub-regional enterprises, at the one hand, and their kin with the United international locations, at the different.
This edited quantity is either a advisor for educators and a source for everybody who desires to enhance resistance opposed to a tremendous atrocity that besieges human improvement. Its members discover an important query: tips on how to train approximately rape in warfare and genocide?
- EU Foreign Policy, Transitional Justice and Mediation: Principle, Policy and Practice (Routledge Studies in European Security and Strategy)
- Der Bürgerkrieg im Sudan: Die Darfurkrise als moderner, umweltbedingter Konflikt (German Edition)
- Der Terrorismus und seine (vernachlässigten) Opfer: Eine soziologisch-theoretische Betrachtung (German Edition)
- Burying the Past: Making Peace and Doing Justice After Civil Conflict, Expanded and Updated Edition
- Semantics of Statebuilding: Language, meanings and sovereignty (Routledge Studies in Intervention and Statebuilding)
- L'ONU dans le nouveau désordre mondial (SCIENCES HUM HC) (French Edition)
Extra info for A Liberal Peace?: The Problems and Practices of Peacebuilding
A Liberal Peace?: The Problems and Practices of Peacebuilding by Susanna Campbell,Professor David Chandler,Meera Shabaratnam